Sunday, December 27, 2015

Snow/RVs/Wrecks

I got these blog dates mixed up somehow. 

I got on top of a 6 foot ladder and pushed the snow off our slide outs so we could leave.  Don’t worry.  We knew where the closet ER/hospital was.  The wind was hitting the other side of the RV so I didn’t have to deal with the wind, just the wet snow.  We left about 10 AM and the wind was on the edge of being bad.DSC_0004DSC_0002DSC_0005DSC_0009DSC_0012DSC_0014DSC_0015DSC_0017

DSC_0030

Our full hook 50 AMP site for $20 a night here at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson.  They had a few sites to choose from.DSC_0031

Our car is was a bright white.DSC_0033

The RV has a lot of road grime on itDSC_0034

We got to Yuma about 3 PM after filling up at the local Pilot.  Diesel was $2.05 (discounted) and the RV got about 8.2 MPG.  I think gas was about $1.75.

Sharon & Don greeted us and helped us get situated in our space.  It was nice seeing these two lovebirds again.

Later on we all went out to dinner.  Don drove us in his new Ford pick up.  It’s real nice.  We ate at Poco’s Mom’s (?).  It was good and Carol &  I would both return again.    

Before we left Deming I had to get a picture of the manager walking around.  Now the wind is howling and it’s below freezing.DSC_0001

When I went out to clean the snow off the slide outs I had long john’s on, 4 layers of shirts and a heavy coat, gloves,  a hat with ear coverings and boots.  II couldn’t find a scarf.  I was just barely warm with that wind hitting me.  Oh well.  Guess I spent too much time in Texas.

See ya……………..