Saturday, December 26, 2015

Snow or Ice or ?

This is Saturday afternoon.  Big storm tonight and tomorrow.  We won’t be here in El Paso, TX and Las Cruces, NM.DSC_0029DSC_0031DSC_0042DSC_0034DSC_0036DSC_0037DSC_0039

So,  I think we made it.  We will know tomorrow morning when we look out our window.

It’s now tomorrow morning…5 AM Sunday morning and we are at the SKP Dream Catcher Park in Deming, NM as of yesterday (Saturday) afternoon.   We’re setting in snow and it’s windy.  How windy is it?  It’s so windy that our car that is hitched up to the RV, the tow bar/car is moving and making a terrible noise.  The car is actually moving the RV along with the high winds.   Yes we have our jacks down.  The RV rocked a lot all night long from the 40+ MPH wind.  It snowed sideways and I didn’t even go out in it - later.  Earlier yes to check on the car.  I think I should have put on the emergency brake on in the car.  We put down the sat dish so it wouldn’t get frozen in the up position.  Too late for the slideouts.  There out. 

If we are only on the edge of a blizzad, we’re really glad we are not in the middle.  It’s 27 degrees and there’s about 3-5 inches of snow on the ground.  I-10 Interstate was closed at least around here starting midnight last night.  I think from El Paso to Lordsburg, NM.  That put’s us in the middle here in Deming, NM.  It’s bad here but worse in other places.

I will put this blog out now and at daylight I will take some pictures and put them on today’s blog (Sunday) this morning.  The wind hasn’t stopped.

See ya………..