Saturday, April 12, 2014

Up The Road/Tires/New Friends

We did a little window touring on our trip to Prescott Valley to Sam’s Club.DSCN0248DSCN0240DSCN0245 DSCN0250 DSCN0249 DSCN0252

This little town is like Bisbee if you’ve ever been there.  No house has all four corners on level ground.  No thank you.

We even got higher up further up the road.DSCN0253

The Jeep has 16 thousand miles on the odometer. Then another 30K or so towing the last two years.  The tires have about 1/3 of their tread left.  The more and more I thought about it just didn’t make sense to go to Alaska with those tires.  We decided to go ahead and get new tires.  Then there were more decisions.  Go taller, wider and gripper tires for Alaska.  I decided on same height but wider and a little gripper tires.  I stayed with the Goodyear Wrangler because they have some steel chords.  I’ve been running Goodyear Wranglers with good results which means no trouble.  A couple of days ago I had the oil changed at Walmart.  I stayed with Mobil One synthetic.  I’m gonna and try to stick with Mobil One and have so far.  The Jeep is ready for Alaska. A coat of wax wouldn’t hurt but Carol said she’s too busy to do it……

While at Sam’s I got 10 gallons of cooking oil and two 12’X16’ plastic tarps.  I plan on doing some cooking up in Alaska.  The tarps will be used for a special occasion when ever and where ever that happens if it happens and if needed.  I guess that’s really being prepared for an outing if it drizzles.

I got a local repair guy (Paul’s Mobile Svc) checking prices for window awnings.  He’s done work for us in the past.  We might be out of money for that and out of time. 

Carol said we can leave here when ever I finished the taxes.  I usually wait for the day before to do them.  I finished them a couple of days ago.  We want to go to the Out Of Africa Adventure here across the street before we leave.  Our next stop will probably be the Elks in Page, AZ.  Has anybody stayed there lately?  We try not to hit the Elks on a weekend especially in a tourist area.  Usually a little too crowded for us.  So it depends what we find out about the window awnings at this point.  We are good to stay here until Wednesday the 23rd I think if we so desire.  The itch to head North is getting stronger.

Oh, we went to dinner with John & Kathy Huggins of Living the RV Dream.  If your not full timing but are thinking about it, click on Living the RV Dream above.  They just might be able to answer some questions you have.  Before dinner we talked for hours and hours.  I think we will be doing some more talking real soon.  We ate at a little Mexican restaurant about 10 miles south of here on Horseshoe Bend road..  It’s near the Western Horizon park.  It’s one of Nick’s favorite Mexican restaurants.  I think most restaurants are his favorites.  Now that there is funny……  Oh Nick, your Chinese buffet place across from Denny’s in downtown Cottonwood is gone.  It’s now a Panda Express.  I forget the name of the Mexican restaurant we ate at last night.   Carol & I really don’t care a whole bunch for Mexican food.  We’re the more the Taco Bell fans.  I don’t like Mexican refried beans and rice at all.  Nick turned us on to this place a couple of years ago.  BUT HERE, they put it on a plate I will eat it especially their beans and rice.  I guess they use a lot of lard or something.  We will go again.

We have no plans for tomorrow nor hot dogs or hamburgers for a cook out.  What kind of full timers are we?  That’s all that RVers eat right?

See ya……..