Saturday, May 11, 2013

Dungess Crab – Oh So Good!

It took me 45 minutes to upload the blog for Friday.  The internet (MiFi) is very slow and only one bar on the cell phone.  I’m having flashbacks when I use to tap into my phone to use the internet about 10 years ago.  Same same now but faster usually.

My chair broke broke this morning.  It’s been going down hill for about 2 weeks but this morning it gave up.DSCN1889

While I was checking out the chair we had some visitors that wanted to stay under our slide out covers.  No thank you.  Not a good place for bird poo.  I had to make noises and bang on the roofs to get these little guys to leave.  They would just come in a few minutes.  I gave up.  They won.DSC_0004 DSC_0003

This guy turned yellow on me.DSC_0005 

It was time to go into town and find a hardware to get some parts for the chair.  While out we stopped here for lunch.  Our campground host told us about this place.  We had to wait about a half hour to get our food but it was worth the wait for sure.  We both agree that this is one place to stop again if given the chance.  The town is Lincoln City at route 101 and 19th street.  Oh we had the fish and chips with halibut, cod, shrimp, clam chowder, cole slaw and curly fries (with vinegar) and a soda for $11.  We shared.  It was goooood.DSCN1887

We stopped at a roadside seafood stand in town for Dungess crab.  We couldn’t wait anymore.  $8 a lb and this baby weighed in at 2 lbs.  We had it for dinner.  Not much left when we got finished.  This is only half of the inside.  Carol is polishing off the other half.DSCN1890

I fixed the chair and then watched NASCAR while testing the chair.  All is well.

See ya……..