Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Departing Missouri

Can you say WET?  It rained all night long.  Not that little pitter patter stuff either. 

Oh well, 7:30 AM time to go…..Carol was up before me.  We hit rain in out most of the 398 miles.  My installation of the wipers didn’t turn out so good.  I reinstalled them but I need to work on them some more.  There Farton wipers what can I say?DSC_0001

We drove into that cloud of rain.  Wipers are holding.DSC_0002

There has to be a lot of poo around here with these honkers. DSC_0009

We stopped at Cabela’s above St Louis on I-270. I found something I couldn’t live without.  Details later.DSC_0011

I wonder if this is one of those places that get sold by the state because they don’t use it anymore?DSC_0013 DSC_0018

Is this poo?DSC_0022

 

Oppps…be nice….Located at Effingham, IL.DSC_0023 DSC_0029 DSC_0030

We arrived 4 PM local (lost another hour).  The park is a Thousand Trails – Horseshoe Lakes.  We got a 30 AMP FHU and got sat TV with no problem.  We had about four sites to choose from in this area.  We will be here for 3 nights. 

I got fuel before here at the Flying J in MO.  The Beast was thirsty.  It took 124 gallons at $3.80 a gallon for a total of $473, damn……  I had another 15 safe gallons to go.  I got 6.4 MPG for a total of 800 miles.  That’s cruising at least 70 MPH and even at 75 MPH when permitted.  It seems the Beast don’t like doing about 60 MPH but rather between 65-70 MPH.  Fuel mileage remains the same pretty much.

The weather is cool with a low of 59 overnight and 70’s during the day. The humidity is going up.

See ya….