Sunday, August 12, 2012

Snakes

At 6 AM I was wiping down the Jeep with a damp cloth.  Orange looks good because it doesn’t show dirt like most other colors.  This is our 3rd orange vehicle over the years.  A Honda and a Dodge van were the others.  We also had an orange 21 foot boat.  Yep it was orange.  I wipe the Jeep down every few days and it only takes 10-15 minutes. I also finished up cleaning the front end of the Beast.  I still have to get above the windshield up high.  Once it gets around 10 AM that sun comes beating down on me…no thanks.  Anything metal really gets scorching hot during the day in the sun and even in the shade some.

Carol & I went for about a 1/2 hour walk while it was still in the 80’s and overcast.  We saw a 2 1/2 foot rattlesnake crossing the road.  The one of few times I didn’t have me camera.  We watched him and us him for about 5 minutes while he crossed the road.  Later I found out it was a Mojave Rattlesnake.

By 8:30 AM is was 95 degrees and sunny.  By 10 AM it hit 100 degrees

NASCAR this morning at 10 AM local.  It was a good race especially at the end.

I vegetated the rest of the day.

At 5 PM we went to the ice cream social and met a few more people that were here.  I couldn’t tell if they were weathered from age or hot weather.  The big topic was, “Oh, you’re the ones with the orange Jeep.”

See ya……