Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Big Personal Milestone & Rocky

We all have goals or some call milestones.  Different strokes different names when it’s all boiled down.  I’ve been trying, no I should say losing weight for various reasons.  I was at 225 lbs back in April when I saw my Doc last.  He said lose weight or……….. I never had a doctor say lose weight or.  No need to get into the or.  Anyone overweight should lose weight.  Enough said.  Well, today I weighed 190 lbs.  That’s 35 lbs in 4 months!  I can’t remember the last time I weighed that.  I think it’s been almost 2 decades.  The 190 is a milestone on a road of even less.  How much less.  At least below 179 lbs by the New Years.  I don’t care for the number 180.  I know, I know, how did you do it you ask?  There are a lot of diets out there and most of them unbelievably do work.  They really do. That isn’t what it takes.  Two things is all that it really takes.  If you have been on a diet you know what they are but just may have forgotten.  The two things are determination and patience.  It’s that simple but oh so hard.  It’s hard to teach someone to follow that.  Food can be an addiction just like alcohol can be.  Yes it can.  What’s worse is that you have to eat food but don’t have to have drink alcohol.  Yes, I was a drug & alcohol counselor for 4 years in one of my prior life’s before full time RVing.

This morning at 6 AM I was on the roof of the Beast with a dozen rags and a bucket of water.  The fiberglass roof has not been cleaned since installation back in May.  It’s been in all sorts of weather.  The dust storms from Utah and Arizona really took their toll.  A lot of brown dust/dirt.  The roof actually looked like it was a tan with some dark brown mixed in.  Yes, it’s white and not orange.  Hey, that’s an idea!  It took about an hour but it’s done now.  Why worry about it?  Well, the AC run off, condensation and ever once in a blue moon – rain, runs off the roof and then on to the slide toppers, wheels or the side of the RV.  You know that.  More work in the long run.  The slide toppers are really really dirty.  I will wait till Livingston and power wash them along with the roof again and the side radiator.  People you got to keep that radiator clean.  Whether it’s a front, rear or side, keep it clean and do it often.  No one will ever say you clean your radiator too much.

Today we had a little visitor.

Nope not the squirrel….DSC_0008

Nope not the woodpeckerDSC_0009

Nope not Lucy the local friendly cat……DSC_0011

Nope not this bird……DSC_0046

Nope not this little tiny guyDSC_0065 

Yepper…rocky the raccoon.DSC_0033 DSC_0029   DSC_0034

He thought about it…DSC_0035 DSC_0036

Time to go back into the woods….DSC_0038

See Ya……………