Monday, October 28, 2013

More Red Line Roads

Red Line Roads are those roads in like Rand McNally maps that are red.  Not the interstates. They are usually the roads that go thru small towns and real America.  It’s where you see the small shops and eateries or the beaches or the small farms.  The speed limits go up and down along with stop lights.  It’s just another way to see the USA and you don’t have to be in a Chevrolet.  Us old farts remember that TV ad from many years ago – that sang, “see the USA in a Chevrolet”.  OK quick singing it.  I think I hear you.

Before I show you some pictures I have to tell you how the day went.  I called Lazydays Tech info line to find out how to turn on our dash heater because ours wasn’t working.  When I drove big trucks we could turn off the front dash heater in the summer by turning handles (water) under the chassis.  I gave a quick look and didn’t see any.  The tech said there was one on the passenger side up next to the engine.  I looked again and by George there was one.  I turned it in the opposite direction which was only a half of turn.  One hour later going down the road no dash heat. Around lunch time we stopped and I looked again but on the opposite side of the engine.  Wow, another one just like I figured.  I turned it in the opposite direction with confidence.  Down the road we went.  We now have dash heat and is it good.  Of course by now it was time to turn on a little AC which worked fine.  Problem resolved.  The automatic door locks are working again too.  I think it’s a metal contact on the door and door frame might have some goop on it.  The Baby is doing fine with another 250 miles on the odometer for a grand total of 500+ miles.

DSC_0002 DSC_0003 DSC_0006 DSC_0007 DSC_0013 DSC_0018 DSC_0019 DSC_0020 DSC_0021 DSC_0028 DSC_0033 DSC_0036 DSC_0042 DSC_0043 DSC_0048 DSC_0049

Whew…what a day…DSC_0050

See ya….