Monday, March 18, 2013

Tortilla Flats AZ or Chicken Alaska

What to get into today.  First Denny & I (proper English) went to Jack In The Box for breakfast.  I introduced him to their $2.99 breakfast.  Denny said it was good for $3 bucks.  When we got back to Usery Park Carol wanted to go for a ride.  Sure, why not.  We were in 2005 and Denny & Susie took us to place called Tortilla Flats.  I didn’t remember at all.  So that was our designation.  Along the way…..We tried to see the Boomers at the state park but didn’t want to pay the $7 entry fee to visit.  We’re too cheap.  Anyway, I think most of Boomers are still at Winterblast at Lake Havasu according to Sharon’s blog  (old).  Anyhow……DSC_0002 DSC_0003 DSC_0004 DSC_0005  DSC_0008 DSC_0007

This place is a western take off of Chicken Alaska.  It too has two gift shops and an eatery.  Then there is nothing else around for miles except for scenery. DSC_0013 DSC_0015 

When we arrived and saw these buildings I did remember being here back in 2005 with Denny & Susie.  DSC_0018 DSC_0019 DSC_0017DSC_0016 DSC_0024 DSC_0023

The way back was just as scenic even though it was the same way.DSC_0027

On the way back we got a bright idea (rare).  Why not stop and see Nick & Terry.  I remember them saying on their blog (Nick's blog) they were at a park in Apache Junction.  I knew it was near Broadway Street.  We figured what the hell we would see if we could find them and we did.  Poo does happen.  It was really nice seeing these friends and good folks again.    Since they didn’t have a lot of food or Hide A Bed for us we left.  We will see them down the road again for sure.DSC_0029

 

Back at the ranch it was social time.  DSC_0030 DSC_0031

In the mean time a few of us got the Mesquite smoked pulled pork ready. I also made some Cowboy Beans which has kidney beans with pulled pork bark in it.  It was slow cooked all day.  I was amazed that people took large portions of the beans.  It got ate all up.  Beans are usually left over at pot lucks.  I guess these Canadians don’t eat much beans up north.  Here I thought they would eat them a lot up there in cold weather.  The smoked pulled pork was a real big hit too!  There was plenty for the 40 some people.  The portions were giant, no complaints!DSC_0032

Not to many talking when they were eating.DSC_0036

At night time Denny set up equipment to watch a movie and we had a popcorn machine.  It was great.  30 some people came out for the movie.  I left after 4 bags of popcorn.  The movie couldn’t keep my attention.  When Carol back to the rig she said it was slow but good.  I think she was talking about the movie.  They’re goes some brownie points…..

See ya…