Thursday, March 7, 2013

Normal Day ?

Here we go……Before 7 AM it’s Ed, Walt and myself are off to town to have breakfast with other guys.  This is our moan & groan club of North Ranch every Thursday at the Horseshoe Cafe.  I had a 1/4 order of biscuits & gravy with a fried hard egg on top.  Most guys get a half order of biscuits & gravy.  The cafe is well know for their biscuits & gravy. Never ever get a full order.  I’ve seen grown men cry because they couldn’t eat it all.

Back at the ranch it was time to go get get our snail mail at the Congress Post Office.  Oh, I think I forgot to mention a notice of billing in our last mail pick up.  It was for the helicopter emergency ride back in January.  It picked me up in the desert and took me to the trauma ER hospital in Phoenix.  It was $32,000.  Oh yea….. I think I could rent one cheaper than that! I didn’t even have a seat with a view…just a stare at the ceiling from being tied down.  Anyhow, picked up our mail and went back to North Ranch and sorted thru it.

Now it was time to go back to town and pick up some stuff for tonight’s dinner.  I’m fixing …can't spell it… shish co bob?????. 

The hippy dippy weatherman is calling for 70% chance of rain/snow showers Saturday.  Guess what day we are leaving?  It hasn’t been cold enough to lay on the roads so that’s not a bigee.  It’s just the fact that the Beast is CLEAN & SHINY!

Now for dinner we had food but more important we had fun.  First the food.  Carol & I are fixing shish ko foil.DSC_0002 DSC_0003

Then Kellie & Sandy got to blow out their candles.DSC_0008

then let the fun begin….DSC_0014 DSC_0015 Kellie got a PA Loud Speaker.  We all know she don’t need it.DSC_0020 DSC_0030 DSC_0033 DSC_0036 DSC_0039

“Walt, you can’t cat nap around these girls.”DSC_0041

The girls are shooting little guns that go pop and send out confetti.  Walt was the target.DSC_0043

Sandy emptied her gun out on Ed and enjoyed every shot I think.DSC_0046 DSC_0050

And then it was over after some cake & ice cream.  It was a lot of kids just having fun.

See ya…