Wednesday, December 5, 2012

RVers Tow Behind

How do I load our Jeep that we tow?  In the past we never have carried things in our tow car until now.  Some people carry a lot mostly due to convenience.  That would be like the portable sat dish and the bulky stuff usually.  When we had a fifth wheel our outside stuff would go in the bed of the truck.  It was a lot easier and the stuff didn’t have to be real clean.  Just throw and go with it.

This trip it well be containers going with us for the trip out west.  That will be in 3 weeks and 1 day but who’s counting?  Wayne Roberts gave me three containers because he was tired of storing them.  Thanks Wayne – I think.  Here’s two waiting for me to clean them up. DSC_0016  

Here’s the other one plus a large ice chest already in the Jeep.  DSC_0014The two will fit real nice on that white non skid material.  They are empty for the most part.  I will use or give them away while at North Ranch (Congress, AZ).  Carrying stuff is very temporary and a first for us.  We never carry anything extra in our tow vehicle. I think I said that.  Well, the little green man usually and he sets behind the steering wheel.  Another day about the story on him. He’s been kidnapped, hung, dressed up, adopted and so on.

We took the back seat out of the Jeep while at North Ranch back in the summer.  People didn’t like riding back there because it was so hard getting in and out.  Well, we took it out. 

Today I received a front mask for the Jeep.  I guess it’s not called a bra because it’s going on a rough and tuff Jeep.  It reminds me of a dog with droopy eyes. DSC_0001The two piece cover went on very easy.  I didn’t even have to read the instructions until I was done.  It was $83 delivered.  I got it for use in Alaska mainly.  I wanted to protect the radiator as much as I can.  I don’t have to worry about taking it off at every stop since the front is vented. 

We already have a cloth material shield between the RV and the Jeep.  This is just a little extra protection for $83 bucks.  I want to get something for the windshield but haven’t found anything yet.

Tomorrow it’s the La Colonia Mexican restaurant and dressing the trolley for a parade.

See ya…….