Thursday, November 22, 2012

Escapees Thanksgiving

I got up at 5 AM, not unusual for me.  I updated our blog, read a few.  It’s nice and quiet that time of the morning.

Denny Orr called me yesterday.  He & George hinged a door for our 12X12 shed at North Ranch in Congress, AZ.  I didn’t have time to do that before we left there last time.  I cut down a wall of the shed and put our side by side ATV Razor in it.  Then I put the wall back up and didn’t have time to make a big door.  Denny did that.  Thanks Denny & George.  That means when we arrive just before New Year’s we can ride immediately.  Riding that thing around the desert is so cool.

Thanksgiving Dinner at Escapees Rainbow’s End here at Livingston, Tx was a lot of fun.  Being that Carol & I were the organizers of it we tried to make it an easy thing to prepare for.  We think it was easy for the volunteers and us.  It’s not the fact that someone knows how to do something, it’s the willingness to to try that counts.  We had both which made a good mixture of work and fun.  Here’s some pics of …..

BeforeDSC_0001

We had 14 of these cookers goingDSC_0003

 

people starting to arriveDSC_0006

 

here we are…11 big tables and about 125 people.DSC_0015

 

the clean up crew was last minute volunteers….Thanks guysDSC_0017

 

Then later Dan and Jenny came over.  Here’s Jenny playing with a cat toy.  Jenny likes wine!!!!DSC_0023

It was another good day…….

See ya….