Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Where Are Thou?

I tried backing up my main computer late last night. I’m not sure if it did or not.  I tried several times and it may or may not have backed it up.  I don’t know how to tell.  It asked me questions that I did not understand so I guessed.  Bill Joyce or somebody where are thou when I need you.  I have the Acronis True Image Home 2010 backup program with a external plug in hard drive.  These computers are so above me I can’t even start to explain it.  My memory does not retain this “stuff” so I guess I need a back up system too.  I have a very hard time remembering normal “stuff” much less computer/programs that are suppose to do it for you.  I guess that’s why I like photography so much. I can take a picture and it’s the story.  Now I just have to figure out how to use the computer in the camera.  Thank goodness for the “A” (automatic) setting. I’ve learned to put the pictures in the computer and then even put them in this blog.  It took months and a lot of help.  People say go to Apple computers.  No thanks. I don’t want to go thru this learning process no matter how simple the geeks say it is.

Well, this morning at 8AM it was decided that Carol needed to return to Maryland to be with her 82 year old Mom who was in the hospital.  At 11:30 AM she was air born from LA International to BWI in Baltimore.

Traffic was something else.  Even airplanes had to waitDSC_0001

Now this is sky high roads – four high.DSC_0005

Now I have to take care of two cats, one dog and myself.  I do not do very well with any of those animals but we all will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment