Thursday, October 7, 2010

Another 48 Degree Morning

At 7 AM I was going to got out and do the windows.  then I looked at the outside temperature gauge, 48 friggin degrees.  Nope, not yet, probably a little later. Where’s those eggs and taters?

My Pressure Pro Tire Monitoring system is going bananas because of the cold air.  I will have to readjust the tire sending do dads to the temporary cold weather.  Why is it temporary you ask.  Because we are leaving Saturday. It’s 1600 miles to Pomona and we are planning 5 nights 6 days on the road getting there. That’s not real fast for us at all, kinda slow.  One night at TS and Harrell's near San Antonio, one night at Sonora Caverns (see caverns), one night at Passport America Balmorhea, TX, one night at SKP park in Deming, NM, one night in Quartzsite in the desert.  Then drive into Pomona the next day from there. We set up our booth the day of arrival.  The next day the show opens and I start two seminars a day for ten days plus a booth.

I just came back from the stores.  Dog on where is the fuel shortage.  Fuel jumped up over 15 cents per gallon for diesel and gas this week.  I guess nobody important is watching the oil companies so they figure it’s O.K. to raise the prices a little.  Fast to raise and so slow to lower.  I will have to fill up when we leave and I will take about 75-80 gallons. Damn that’s 10 bucks increase on a tank or a breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Oh well, Cracker Barrel that’s one less meal there.  We’re trying to help the economy.

I did finally do the windows before the sun started to beat on them.  I also got some more do dads from Lowe’s to raise the mud flap up another half inch or so.  That I will do tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be our last get ready to depart day.

Here’s a blast from the past………..DSC01255 

See Ya……………..

No comments:

Post a Comment