Thursday, October 14, 2010

Looooong Day

We went 225 miles today for a starter. When we arrived at Pomona we had to do some RV site rearranging so we could get our datastorm up.  It’s been giving me trouble the past few days.  It finds the satellite quick but won’t let me get connected for anywhere from 6 to 12 hours.  Yes, that’s right.  What’s up with that Steve?  Then we had to unload our show “stuff” and take it over to the vendor tent – two trips, set up our vendor boot, set and test our equipment at the seminar tent and then it happened.  We had parked across from an RV that we booth liked and it had dealer tags.  About that time a salesman came out and we asked about it. Yep it’s for sale.  It’s a little longer than our 40 footer and the color is right on – tan with orange – yes orange! He did some number crunching with the figures we gave him.  He said it would probably work but had to get an OK with his boss.  I know the “game”. The numbers won’t work but it was a nice coach.

Anyhow, tonight (early tomorrow) I will have to trim/adjust my powerpoints (Driving & Alaska) to fit the way I want to do them here. Then I will put them on my extra computer that has nothing really on it.  It’s the one the cat broke and I fixed with a new hard drive earlier this year.  It’s the same computer that I use now but it has Vista and this one has Windows seven.  I can’t tell the systems apart. 

Anyhow, here are some pictures from today.DSC_0001 DSC_0002 DSC_0005 DSC_0007 DSC_0009 DSC_0010

These palm trees didn’t make it.DSC_0016

I always wonder about these places like this.  What’s the story?DSC_0017

All rest areas that we came upon today in California were closed.  I guess people in cars pee in bottles like the truckers do.  Oh no – more yellow bottles along the road.DSC_0018

This is coming out of the mountains into the Palm Springs area.DSC_0020

 

This is way to busy for us.DSC_0022

 

The wind wasn’t blowing today.  Some times these babies are cranking.DSC_0023 DSC_0024

See the layer of smog?  These people call it everything except smog.  I call it smog.  We drove down into it and you could still see it.  My eyes started to burn and probably will for most of the 10 days we are in Pomona.  No thank you…….DSC_0026

We arrived at Pomona at lunch time and went did our preparation for tomorrow’s opening.  Pictures will follow tomorrow. 

See Ya….

No comments:

Post a Comment