Thursday, July 15, 2010

Here We Go

We left Baltimore getting on to I-70 west to Frederick.  In Frederick we hung a left on Rt 340 and ended up just south of Front Royal.  We go into this park, Skyline Ranch, under RPI ($10) and paid an additional $5 for 50 AMP a night.  The park is rather small but they do have big RV sites if you are lucky.  We are lucky of course especially since I just made reservations this past Wednesday.  We got an end site which we like.  The TV sat come on at 91 per cent and I immediately turned off the datastorm.  This meant the motosat probably found internet sat and it had.  Wow, all is very well.  SDC10352 SDC10353 SDC10356

Then Carol I went driving around looking for kayak launching sites on the nearby Shenandoah River.  We found two – an in and an out about 8 miles apart.  Carol’s bro will be here late tonight (weekender) and tomorrow we hit the water.  The water came up about 6 inches just the past two days due to the heavy rain.  I spoke to a local canoe company guy and he said that the water was “OK” especially since the rain.  Great, all is ready and the stage is set for a nice river ride in a skinny boat.  There are some class I’s and a couple of class II’s rapids what ever that means.

SDC10339 SDC10340 SDC10341 SDC10349 SDC10350

Hey, break out the porterhouse steaks.  Food Lion grocery store had them on sale for 5 bucks a lb.  I don’t even remember the last time I had a steak.  I’m gonna tell you they were tender no matter what.SDC10355

It was real good!

See Ya…………….

No comments:

Post a Comment