Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Getter Done!

Carol has a doctor appointment at 10 AM down south.  We left at 8 AM and stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  Breakfast was $13.17 and with two coffees to go.  We share one of their big breakfasts.  We been doing it for years.

Next stop was Harbor Freight.  I needed a jack stand for the trailer… No problem. 

Next was Carol’s doc…..in and out in 1/2 hour.  He wants her to return in 6 months for a follow up.  No problem.  No more doctor appointments for Carol or I this year.  We’ve been cleared for take off…..!

Next was back to Livingston to get/check on a few things.  I got a filter for the Rzr but NAPA has no listing for our Onan model HDKAK generator.  What’s up with that?  Later I looked it up on line and it took about 2 minutes.  I guess NAPA isn’t up to speed with the Hi-tech stuff that would enable them to look it up.

Next was to Palais Royal to see if they got one size up in a leather coat that I got there 27 Nov.  Back then they told me to go ahead and get it at the sale price then just exchange it when the right size comes in.  Well, their shipment came in and no XL sizes.  I talked & talked and they found one in Lufkin but a different model.  It’s like an aviator style…Yea.  AND  “NO I’m not driving to Lufkin!”  Anyhow, bottom line the coat will be shipped to us and received BY 24 Dec.  That will be interesting.  It’s a Tommy Hilfiger aviator leather jacket (brown) normally $160 on Black Friday sale for $60.  Yes I want it for $60….. Yes I will have two motorcycle jackets.  One would be for medium temps (aviator)and the other would be considered for cold weather like in real cold weather – down to 40 degrees.

Then we went to a flea market store which was originally Livingston’s Roller Rink many years ago.

Back home (RV) Carol started cooking some cookies and I started cooking the spareribs in the regular oven.  I’m trying to soften up the ones from last night.

In the meantime I installed the swivel trailer jack I got at Harbor Freight on the bike trailer.  Just the right height and works great.  No problem.DSC_0001

The precooked ribs I wrapped in tin foil air tight and cooked in the oven for 2 1/2 hours at 200 degrees.  The bones fell off…They were great and had that smoked flavor too from the smoker yesterday.

All is well…

See ya…………