Thursday, July 19, 2012

How Long Is It?

We were on the road by 8:30 AM this morning with 270 miles to Verde Valley area.  I was asked “How long are you?”  I’ve never been asked “How long are you?” until now.  Well, I pulled into a Sears parking lot with no problem towing The Jeep and the Razor/trailer behind the 43” Beast.  I forgot to measure the total length.  I was eating a sandwich while walking around the setup.  It was so long (How long was it?) that I had to take a nap before I could complete the trip.

DSC_0002

Here we go…..DSC_0004 DSC_0012 DSC_0014 DSC_0024 DSC_0028 DSC_0029 DSC_0042 DSC_0045 DSC_0053

DSC_0060 DSC_0061 DSC_0064 DSC_0067 Looks like this orange Jeep has had some fun.DSC_0069

We arrived at Western Horizon’s Camp Verde RV Park in Verde Valley, AZ  using Resorts of Distinction (ROD). It was about 12:30 local time and 100 degrees.  Whoaaaaaa 100 degrees and it was only 12:30. We got a 50 AMP back in site and it was free.  We did have to pay $3 a day for the requested 50 AMP.  This is our last stay with ROD.  It expires the end of this month and we won’t be renewing.  ROD is $130 a year and our sites are free in about 250 parks.  Plus your home park dues.  Our home park is in TTN which has dropped ROD and we won’t be looking for another home park outside of TTN.  We have always did OK with ROD but we just have to cut back on memberships (dues $).

Towing The Jeep and then another trailer behind it for 270 miles was different.  Different was because I was watching the rear monitor camera a lot.  Seems like the trailer was wagging more than I like.  I think I will reverse the Razor in the trailer to see if the shift of weight cuts back on the wag.  Anybody has any reasons as to why the wag?

See ya……….