Sunday, September 4, 2011

Camp Newmar

We went 330 miles today because I wanted to watch NASCAR. It was rained out. Oh well.

We stopped to get fuel twice but I just refused to pay $3.99 to BP.  Finally found one In Madison, WI at $3.87 a gallon.  We took on 125 gallons so that’s a savings of $15 bucks.  That paid for our Cracker Barrel breakfast.  And I had at least 15 gallons of useable fuel left.  Went 900 miles which I like the ability to go that far.  Didn’t like the almost $500 to fill it up.

No rain and the sun was out.  I stopped at Blue Beacon and got the Beast washed for $35.  I also got the RainX spray for $12 more.  They do an OK job for $47 especially since I’m out of time to wash it. I asked for a second rinse using the excuse that in the past I get heavy soap streaking.  Almost none this time.

Here’s where we spent last night. Cracker Barrel at WI Dells.  It’s the best overnight parking at Cracker Barrel we ever have had.  Plenty of space and nobody there. Plus we had breakfast there in the morning.DSC_0001 DSC_0002

 

DSC_0004 DSC_0005

OK, how did they do that?DSC_0007  DSC_0014DSC_0008DSC_0013 

Not as big as Tiffin’s campground but I guess Newmar doesn’t need a big campground for repairs…slam dunk! Plus these are free and Tiffin aren’t anymore.  Newmar scheduled us for three days.  I don’t think we need three. I will add a few more little things on the list to keep them busy.

I think we are the oldest rig here. DSC_0015 DSC_0016 

Does anybody know what channel/time the NASCAR is Monday?

See ya………….

No comments:

Post a Comment