Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Heading North – Again…

We got under way about 9 AM Monday with 475 miles to go to a Passport America (PA) In Meridian, MS.  It was sunny out and already in the 80’s.  By noon is was 93 degrees and climbing.  Then it started raining.  Temps went down to 73 degrees so it was nice but raining.  It continued to rain for about 4 hours.  There went the nice clean RV and shiny wheels for sure.  The sun didn’t come back out but the rain went away later.

Then there was some traffic binding the other direction thank goodness.  It was a bigee.DSC_0002DSC_0004

Carol saw this interstate split and liked it.DSC_0005

Our PA park was listed under Meridian, MS.  We would stay here again.  It cost $20 (PA) for a FHU 50 AMP, cable TV, pull thru, level, cement RV pad and a green grass site, laundry, showers, etc.  It’s $17 if your RV does not have a 50 AMP chord.   30 AMP in other words.  I discussed this with the worker that we only wanted 30 AMP.  No deal so we hooked up the 50 AMP, ran both AC’s down to 73 degrees, hot water on and lights were on and we were home. DSC_0006DSC_0008

Now when we pulled in after 475  miles we saw these two arrows pointing in different directions.  I went to the left and it was right.  I mean correct.DSC_0007

Carol had a roast and veggies in the crock pot in the sink since when we started this morning.  It was plugged in of course.  Dinner was  ready when we were and it was quick, easy and real good.

I then spent two hours working on the part that I was sent from the company that made our switching/selection HDMI matrix.  I got friggin everything to work finally.  I will install the components more permanently when we get to WV.   Poke me – I’m done.

See ya