Sunday, December 15, 2013

Blast From The Past & Party Time

FIRST  and foremost - R.I.P. James (Butterbean) Carpenter.

 

I have three things I would like to get done today.  Maybe I will, maybe I won’t.  I don’t really care.  None of them are that important except to put air in one tire.  At least I have a list to go to if I get bored doing nothing real important.

Oh for you guys that don’t know where the SKP social will be next month it’s near GPS 33.6695N and -114.15135W.  It’s on the south side of I-10 frontage road (Dome Rock E).  The gathering is at the last & largest electrical pole next to the frontage road.  Can’t miss it.  It will be Wednesday & Thursday (15th & 16).  I think the time is 1-3 PM.  Bring a chair, something to drink and a snack to share if you want.  No bathrooms.  Some people drive in each day and some people dry camp nearby.  We will be there starting either the 11th or 12th.  I plan on doing a lot of ATVing with friends.  Carol will be doing her line dancing thing at nearby locations.

Here’s a picture of the gathering from early this year… DSC_0053

then 2012… DSC_0021

then 2011….DSC_0086

I think you get the gist of things….

Well, I did get one thing done on my list and that was to air up my one tire and check all the others.

We had drive by visitors today.  Blog readers Gerrit and his wife stopped by for a quick visit.  Their from Ontario.  It was nice of them to stop by.  Maybe we can get together again in Quartzite.

Today is Chris & Charles 23rd Wedding Anniversary.  You know what that means - a reason to have a get together.  There were 11 nine of us who helped them celebrate.  Some of the attendees were Dan & Jenny Sheppard.  Daryl Lawrence was here.  .  His wife wasn’t because she was taking care of an out of state family member.  Mickey and her husband Lynn.  We had Hamburgers and pot luck.  Plus wine and a little booze called Fireside.  That was an interesting whiskey.

Here’s some pics…

Here’s Charles and I getting the grills ready….my grill didn’t want to work for some reason.  Add it to my to do list.DSC_0017 DSC_0018

They’re were plenty of friendly dogs.DSC_0020 DSC_0021

 

And one cat that was left out.  That is until she figured how to open the screen door which was a first for her.DSC_0023 DSC_0026 DSC_0027

 

Daryl’s dog wanted to go in our rig so bad and we finally let him to meet the cat.DSC_0028

They got along fine.DSC_0030

 

We had an OFFF (old fart fake fire) that was very appropriate being that it was just a little nippy.  The night ended because people had to get back home and take their pills.DSC_0032

Thanks Chris and Charles for hosting your own Anniversary party.

See ya….