Thursday, February 7, 2013

Oh, Yea..Another ATV Trip

Rumor has it that Bob & Molly lost their battle with side by side ATV withdrawal.  Wow, another one bites the dust.  I believe the color is blue and the name is Polaris Razor.  At least that is what the horse’s mouth told me.  I wonder if they got helmets!  Bob is a member of the roll over club.  I also found out about another member of the club – Steve O’Bosky.  He was with Ed Kruty when he rolled his ATV over on it’s side.

What time is it kids?  It’s not Howdy Duty time but it’s Thursday and that means breakfast time at the Horseshoe Cafe in downtown Wickenburg at 7 AM. DSCN1408 I think they’re were about a dozen of us.  Chow was good as always.DSCN1407

Us ATV riders decided to go out about noon.  I think Mark was there about 11:30.   He wanted to ride… DSCN1409 I took Mark and Ed took Steve O’Bosky.  Then they’re is Walt.  This was among the best overall ride I’ve been on.  It was challenging a lot of the way, magnificent scenery, and I didn’t break down or flip over.  Of course, guys will be guys.  I’m not real sure what the scenery was here but we were watching it.DSCN1410

DSCN1411

We went over a mountain like this one.  It was not easy.DSCN1412 DSCN1415 DSCN1416 DSCN1417 DSCN1419 DSCN1420 DSCN1423

 

This is a wall that remains of Camp Date Creek,  It’s an Army post from the 1870 era.  This was our goal to reach here.  We went over and down tall mountains, trails that have not been used for a long time and washed out pretty bad.  It was a challenge for skills and equipment for sure.  Denny & Susie Orr and Bob & Molly Pinner you missed a good one.DSCN1426

We went about 50 miles today.  The last 10 miles were very dusty otherwise an outstanding trip.  The ATV Razor was more dusty than when I rolled it over five weeks ago to the day.  We got back about 4:30 PM and were ready for a cold one.  We had diner with Ed & Sandy and Steve & Nancy.  Ed & Sandy were gracious and cooked/prepared diner for us all.  Mark came over later with some kick butt videos of today’s run.

Life is good.

See ya……