Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday - Teslin, Yukon to Skagway, AK

Well folks here is the bridge going into a small town of Teslin. they are all small towns up here. This one had a eatery, gas station, somekind of store we think was open and that was almost it. Oh, a campground, not a bad one either.

















Here is some real sad news for all. The famous road side stop of Mukluk Annie's has closed is doors for good. I got it from the horse's mouth about 2 months ago when I called to squash a rumor it was closed. She said and very emotionally that they decided to close for good this year. I thanked her for the opportunity to vist in years past. She almost cried. It was a tradition for many RVers to stop, eat a meal, wash their RV, do laundry and then spend a free night over looking the Tesln River. Maybe even a free boat tour weather permitting. It's now part of history of the Yukon. It will never be forgotten about of those who visited and have fond memories of. Good Luck to them.









The Grizzly bear. He was eating flowers and when he heard dour engine he bolted like he didn't care for loud nosies of course. I got a blow of this picture and you can see the flowers hanging from his mouth. I haven't learned Picasa pictures to do a blow up and SAVE IT yet. Maybe Sharon can give me a step by step lesson. Carol thinks I'm talking line dancing now.

Opppps - I deleted the bear picture...Oh well..too late now.


The picture below is coming in Skagway. Maybe you all have the knowledge to blow it up to see it. I have the equipment but not the knowledge.
Tomorrow (Monday) we go downtown again and take the train ride to White Pass.

Oh yea, we are surronded by mountains on three fronts. The fourth is the water with mountains just across the bay. WE GOT DATASTORM. It's not pointing into the sky at all, straight with the roof line of the RV. I think we our micro waving our neighbors dinner.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment